The Lincoln County Historical Association (LCHA) is a membership based 501(c)(3) non-profit organization. It was founded in 1954 by noted local artist Mildred Burrage.
Mission Our mission is to collect, preserve and interpret the history of Lincoln County, Maine, which once extended from Brunswick to Canada. We are stewards of three historic buildings: the 1761 Pownalborough Court House in Dresden, the 1811 Old Jail in Wiscasset, and the 1754 Chapman-Hall House in Damariscotta.
LCHA maintains its historic buildings as museums that are open to the public. The museums feature collections of textiles and costumes, tools, furniture, baskets, housewares, photographs, maps, manuscripts, and other ephemera that help to tell Lincoln County's stories. The buildings, with the help of our docents, also tell human stories of the lives of county residents as our towns grew and flourished.
Ed Kavanagh, President
Merry Fossel, Vice President
Christine Hopf-Lovette, Secretary
Bill Brewer, Treasurer
Faye A. Snyder
Eleanor L. Everson
Benjamin Kirkland (In Memoriam)
Jane Tucker (in Memoriam)
How to Volunteer
If you are interested in seeing a list of all the people who have
served LCHA as officers,
from 1962 through the present, click here.