Press Your Own Cider!
September 27, 2020 @ 11:00 am – 3:00 pm
Everyone is invited to bring apples and press your own cider at the Pownalborough Court House in Dresden on Sunday, September 27 from 11:00 to 3:00 P.M.
- The stewardship committee of the historic site will provide participants with an electric grinder or a traditional press.
- A bushel of apples makes two – four gallons of cider. (Keep in mind that perfect apples are not necessary to make excellent cider.)
- Donuts from Clark Farms in Damariscotta will be served, and containers for the cider will be provided at no charge.
- The event is free, although donations will be accepted to benefit the maintenance of the Court House, located on Courthouse Road, off Route 128 in Dresden.
- The Court House, which is maintained by the Lincoln County Historical Association, will be open for tours.
In case of rain, the cider pressing will be held on Saturday, October 7.
For more information, please contact Kerry Cushing at (207) 882-6817 or Tina Guy at (207) 441-6108.